Sunday, August 8, 2010

Drama

.


Much drama at church today. One of my sweethearts fell out during my sermon. No, no…none of that charismatic stuff. We are a Baptist church. I’m not exactly sure what happened. The doctors told us that she has a bladder infection. She is just back from convalescing from a six week hospital stay and 2 week nursing home rehab, so she is obviously weak to start with. I was preaching on death, and once we knew she was OK it became a bit of a joke that we were in cahoots and staged the whole thing for dramatic effect.



I was right in the middle of the story of Lazarus and the rich man, but I guess I'll move along. So... much drama at church today.  But trust me on this…with Nominating Committee and Deacon elections coming up, this drama was a welcome change. Thank you, Lord, that Ms Vuadearie is at home and resting, and that I don't end every Sunday morning by following an ambulance to the hospital.

No comments: