Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back To School With The Leigh's

Well, I suppose it is official now. I have been accepted into the Doctoral program at Luther Rice Seminary. Classes start September 7th. This is something I have wanted to pursue for some time now, and so I am excited to get started. Patty starts her new job on Monday. She has waited for a long time to have her own library, and the folks at Baron DeKalb Elementary are lucky to have her. Luke starts band camp Monday as well. He has taken to the trumpet like a fish to water, I just hope his sax doesn't suffer from the new attention. I think he will be a sax player in the band, with a minor part with the trumpet. We'll see. Stevie starts back to college on the 23rd. As far as I know, Shea has already started back at ASU.


So we are a schooled up family. Yes, schooled, not screwed! Pray for us as our endeavors take us on more journeys for Jesus.

7 comments:

The Navy Christian said...

Man, someday I hope to be doing what you're doing. I hope God blesses your time in the Doctorate program. What will be your emphasis? Is it a PhD or a DMin?

My Hodge Podge Life said...

i dont start until the 16. i goofed and thought i started the 3.

Steve said...

Dan, a DMin. I have no desire to teach on the seminary level. Too political, in my experience. So I'm going Dmin in Apologetics.

Steve said...

You started a new Blog, Shea? You havn't written anything on it.

shea said...

i started to, but i got frustrated b/c it was acting up when i tried to change the template. i need to work on it again. btw, i like the asian characters. have you googled that yet?

Steve said...

It says

Unless a tree in spring bloom, otherwise the result is unlikely in the fall

My Hodge Podge Life said...

I see.... I updated my new blog.