Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SBC Update # 4

The GCR passed. I think it was about a 60/40 split. There was much debate and I feel that there will be some amount of division for a while. Over all, in the big scheme of things, I think it’s fine. If the short blurbs the members of the committee gave at the beginning of the presentation were all we had heard, it would probably not have been a big deal. Again, the relentless, us vs. them push at the SBCPC was a turn off. One more shame on…Johnny Hunt. Praying for Morris to sleep at night and live with himself. Hey, look. Morris blasted it in his report, so hitting him back is fine. But not in a PRAYER! That’s low rent.



Bryan Wright is our new President. I voted for him twice. (In two elections! :) ) I am happy he won.



We bought a book from LifeWay, David Platt’s new book, Radical. Patty had it signed and is reading it now. I’ll read it later and let you know. I didn’t speak to him, because the pastor of our old church (FBC Shelbyville) was in line. Spoke to him for some time. A really nice guy. His Ed Man , Trevin Wax was signing his book, so I didn’t get to meet him.



I also saw an old friend, Margret Lott. She is the mom of my best friend from elementary school, David. Love that lady!



On a funnier side of things, (at least to me) were the ads for the seminaries. Four had ads showing their school motto, or logo, or a student. One, my alma matter had a picture of Al Mohler and said, God gave you the gift, we help you develop it. Then there was Southwestern. A full, and I do mean FULL, ad with an almost life size picture of Paige Patterson. What did the ad say? Only Southwestern lets you learn from this man. Wow. What an ego.



A good day. A good convention. To Him be the glory.

No comments: