Sunday, June 13, 2010

SBC Update # 1

Sunday night and back from the Pastor’s Conference. The GCR is being pushed out front here at the SBCPC. Between preaching events and worship, there are to be special plugs for the GCR TF’s proposal. This includes at two page “ad” featurette on the GCR by Ronnie Floyd in the program. This program is very nicely put together, 8 ½ x 11 book.



Not that politicizing the SBCPC is a new thing. But if the powers that be aren’t careful, they may end up over saturating the market and find resentment votes cast against them. I know it may not sound like it, but I’m on the fence, which is why I hope the recommendations are put forward individually. I like some, hate others. In the interim, I am with a fellow I read the other day who thinks it is a shame that if you disagree with any part of the Task Force’s recommendations, you are made to feel anti-Great Commission. Bah and humbug! I believe it, and try my best to follow it. And here it is!



And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:18-20 (NKJV)



Meanwhile, was blown away by Ravi Zacharias and Tony Evans! GREAT stuff. Especially Tony. If you didn’t / haven’t heard it. You can Find it here, I think.

No comments: