Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Conversation With God

So I just read Alton Gansky’s newest book, A Conversation With God: If You Could Ask God Any Question What Would It Be? First, let me say that I was impressed with the book itself, physically I mean. It is a sturdy book with thick high quality paper. Well worth the suggested retail of $15.99. That may not seem like a big deal to some, but my books are usually put through the ringer. Most of them look like they’ve been rode hard and put up wet. So I appreciate a sturdy book.




But I also can appreciate the style of this book. I’m not sure that I have ever seen a book with this particular approach. I have several books that answer people’s questions about God stuff. But it is always the author’s answer, usually based on Scripture. Gansky takes the approach of answering the questions “from” Jesus, God, John, Paul, Mary Magdalene, or any other Biblical character that might be relevant.

For instance, on the question of Eternal Security, we get answers “from” Jesus, God, and Judas Iscariot of all people. When I saw that I was a little concerned; but Gansky doctrinal positions are very sound and sturdy, just like the book. (I really appreciate the physicality of this book, if you couldn’t tell.) Anyway, I was impressed and believe a scholar, pastor, Sunday School teacher, or even a younger student could benefit from having this book on their shelve.

Well worth the money as an investment for a teaching aid for you or for a young Believer just getting off the sincere milk.

No comments: