Saturday, February 12, 2011

Curiosities of the Civil War

If you know much about me at all, you know what a history buff I am. One of my last "pleasure reads" was Two If By Sea; A History of the US Navy from 1774-1812. Fascinating book, and highly recommended by the way.


So it was with great excitement that I stumbled across my latest "pleasure read," Curiosities of the Civil War by Webb Garrison. This is not a typical historical rendering, but an amalgamation of short stories and factual tidbit that are omitted from most history books. Being a history enthusiast, I knew many of the items spoken about, (Stonewall Jackson's arm being buried separate from his body) but the majority were new to me also (Ulysses Grant dressed like a farmer???)





At any rate, this was a most enjoyable book, one I would recommend to any Civil War buff, or history nut like me.

No comments: