Thursday, June 23, 2011

It’s Not About ME; Rescue From The Life We Thought Would Make Us Happy

.

In It’s Not About ME; Rescue From The Life We Thought Would Make Us Happy, Max has done it again. I absolutely loved this book. This has been my philosophy about ministry ever sense I first read Purpose Driven Life. It’s All About Jesus.




In Max’s easy reading style, he makes the point that we are dependent upon Christ alone for our salvation, success, and our ultimate satisfaction. Max takes on a discovery of why we must always feel like we must add to something that is in fact already complete. Full of vivid illustrations that are easy for the novice and compelling for the advanced theologian, It’s Not About Me is all about us. I loved the way he drives home our need for Christ.



If you know me, you know I have been in love with Max Lucado books ever since I read No Wonder They Call Him The Savior in the early 90’s. This newest book in my collection did not disappoint.



I ordered the book just before we left for vacation. While we were in the Smokies, we visited a discount book store. There was an older gentleman who was walking around and I overheard him asking for the book. We looked and finally found a copy for him. He turned to chapter 8 and told me that he remembered that story and had served on the McCall. “Very cool,” I told him. Very cool indeed.



Five Stars and highly recommended!

No comments: