Monday, June 13, 2011

Got S'more?

.

Day 1 of the Southern Baptist Convention finds me in Wears Valley, Tennessee. No the SBC isn't meeting in Gatlinburg or even in Knoxville although that is a wonderful idea.

We simply could not afford to fly to Phoenix, so this year I used my standing reservation with Gideon Camp Camden to escape for a few days to the Glorious Smokie Mountains. Patty, Stevie, Luke, and our "adopted summer son" Will and I are staying in a great cabin, just a short 5 minutes from downtown Pigeon Forge.

Last night we had s'mores, and I ain't talking the Pop-Tart kind. Good, old fashioned s'mores with marshmallows sooty and caked in wood chips! Of course, the diabetic dad only had one, as did Patty. But a few hours later, all signs of marshmallows, Hershey bars, and gram crackers were extinct. This was Will's first taste of a s'more, unlike Stevie who being a retired Girl Scout has eaten quite a few.






Ahh. What an oooey-gooey mess. Now that's what I'm talking about!


Today, they all get their fist crack at tubing the Little Pigeon River.

1 comment:

My Hodge Podge Life said...

Jealous. Although, I don't eat s'mores. More for Stevie