Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Preacher Steve’s Simple Step to Stop Smoking


So I made some comments Sunday about tobacco use. Something about leaving tobacco products outside the church, that they would be there when the service was over because there is “not a hog or dog in Kershaw County that would mess with that stuff.”  I know, I know…Some of you think that old fashion, SOUTHERN Baptist preaching is out of style. (I hit liquor pretty hard too. I haven’t started preaching against movies yet. Mostly because I want to see The Avengers this Summer.)  And some of you are thinking that stuff doesn’t apply to you. You know:

I don’t drink
and I don’t chew,
and I don’t run with the girls who do!

Mostly though, I’ve been told, “You don’t know how hard it is to quit.” OK. Here it is…

Preacher Steve’s Simple Step to Stop Smoking
Buy a small New Testament and place a book mark at Philippians 4:13. Place the Testament where you normally keep your cigarettes. Whenever you get the urge to smoke, open up to Philippians and take a long drag on “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Then put it back. Smoking cured.




For addition help,

Repeatedly watch; “First Cigarette” circa 1970.

No comments: