Friday, March 27, 2015

Jesus Loves Me, This I Know

.
One of the most encouraging thoughts I have is the Love that Christ has for me. Recently, Patty and I have been on a somewhat emotional roller-coaster. As we await blood test results that will determine her placement on the transplant list, I cannot help but think about what Karl Barth, the Swiss Theolog, said.

When asked by a young seminary student about the most developed theological concept he had yet to surmise, Barth thought for a moment and said, "Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so."

Amen, Karl.

You know, Barth was right. This little statement tells us a theological concept that seminarians could ponder over for years in its complexity...yet so concisely put that any three year old can understand it in its simplicity.

So think of this...no matter what is going on in your life, remember that the Son of God loves you.(John 3:16) He will never leave you, nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5) And, He will be with you in every situation. (Matthew 28:18-20)

As we wait and pray, I know one thing for certain. "God's got this!"

No comments: