Monday, March 29, 2010

Rambling Thoughts

Today is Monday, March 29, 2010. It is Monday of Holy Week. So Easter approaches. It has been a year now since the "Great Easter Debacle of '09." I'm still here. ;) Hoping for a better Easter this year.

As I write this, I think back about 2,000 years and think that Jesus would have been heading to Bethany, to the house of Lazarus, Mary, and Martha. He would have just about now past the Fig tree and seen that it had withered. Earlier He would have chased the money changers out of the Temple. I don't have any money changers, or a temple for that matter, but I can think of a few people who require chasing!

The adoption process is slow. Patty spoke with someone from South Carolina Heart Gallery today. The next step is an April 10th class, fire inspection of the parsonage, and then we can start the "home inspection." This is an in depth interview of us, not the house.

Preaching on Noah Wednesday night. The fourth in a series I am calling the Substance of Faith. (Hebrews 11) Abel worshiped in faith, Enoch walked in faith, Noah worked in faith. Ahh, I love alliteration.

So, mostly this week is reflecting on Him, preparing for two Easter messages, and pastoring the flock. It's is truly going to be a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.